August 30, 2010

Raven Guard Second Company Comman Squad

Here they are my Raven Guard Second Company Command Squad (GW don´t seem to know what colour goes with what company of the raven guard so I choose the classic red and a "II" in some shoulderpads and it´s done :D ).

It will mostly be a close combat oriented command squad, that is the reason of the energy weapons everywhere.

They will be accompanying my AOBR captain (count as sicarius... post pending), and they will be riding a razorback... mostly.

They are made by mixing the spare pieces of the ravenwing boxes (used to make my ravenwheel), the command squad sprue and the revered Raven Guard Upgrade Pack from Forgeworld.

The upgrade pack from forgeworld is nice, indeed... I need another four to make some guard and vanguard vets.

As you would notice... there is no champion or standard bearer... I think the champion is too expensive for what he adds to the squad (I still will be painting the old metal one to use it in case of need), and the standard bearer... I´m still thinking about the banner, so it will take long.

And now... the guys.

The apothecary: the only forgeworld stuff this guy has is the raven guard shoulderpad, the other things are the standard command squad sprue.

I like his martial artist position :D



The guy with the combimelta: chest, head, chapter shoulderpad and backpack are from forgeworld.
Nothing else to say... and assaulty guy with a shot to blow a tank up.




The mace one: the power mace is from the Dark Angels upgrade pack which a friend of mine (In Cavda Venenum from "maestros del capitulo") gave me cause I love this weapon, the only change I made is the DA symbol in the wrist.
This is the only guy who will not shoot during an assault (combi-plasma)... if the weapon I choose in a list for him is the one displayed in the mini, of course :D




The Chaaaaaaaarge!!! guy: Another assaulty one, with the classical plasma pistol/power sword combo, power sword that came from the ravenwing sprue.



The pointing guy: he points at the next target with a power fist, he will be the last in deliver the punches, but they will be punches to take care of.
I love his helmet, the real beakie from the forgeworld pack.
A family photo.

The same from a cenital perspective.



I like how homogeneal they are and still different from one another.
Next post: Aajz Solari, Shadow Captain of the Raven Guard Second Company (on foot).
Hope you like ´em
.

6 comments:

Sigismund said...

Nice!

John Stiening said...

these look fantastic!

Joe B said...

they look great. the highlighting on the black is clean and your white is smooth. I am surprised with how simple of a base you went with though, its almost like they are on a soccer field :-)

Grajo said...

Thanks guys.

Hehehehe, yep, the base is more like a golf field, this is cause our first gaming board was a roll of citadel grass field, with seems to be like a huge golf field, and another friend is making a terrain that we call "The battle for the 8 hole", because is so grassy that it seems like... well... another golf field... :D

Joe B said...

thats awesome then! you should convert up another guy as the captain's caddy!

Grajo said...

Haahahaha, yeah, with a backpack filled of melee weapons, one for each situation.

Hmmm I think I will be searching my spare pieces to do so.