June 8, 2010

TAU: Kroot first squad

And for today: my Kroot first squad.

They are ugly, they are cool, they are honorable, they are evolved carnivore birds and above all... They are cool naked honorable evolved carnivore-bird hunters!! How not to love ´em??

I think the kroot are one of the coolest troops not only of the Tau empire but of 40K as a whole, I like their fluff I like their appearance, I like their cousins, but I feel their rules are a bit worse than they should be.

For example... in 4th edition the ability to shoot double distance through a forest is ok, but in 5th... How this works? Since the true line of sight exists... hmmm.
They cannot fleet of foot... Why? (I know it is because they got the infiltration rule, but... it will be cool and probably overpowered)
And the greatest criticism is: They are some kind of gene-devourers, genes which they mix with their own to make ´em higher, stronger, more resillient, more agile, fast, cunning, more naked, cooler or whatever, then Why they are not any rules for upgrades for it?
I mean, it will be not so hard to make some rules to get them some gene-upgrades, indeed, this rules were there, in the 4th edition tyranid codex, but instead of calling them "Anihilating claws" "Impressive and overpowered Whatever Gland", "Reinforced filthy chitin" or whatever call them "Eldar Feeded" or "Space Marine Genes" or "Whatever genes-related upgrade", then you will get an impressive amount of ways to play and points-pay your kroots.

Apart from this, I consider them a great addittion to any tau army, and that´s come from his ability to seat down and remain hidden while looking cool and hunty :)

What do I expect from them?: In non-anihilation missions I will use them as objective claimers, sitting down in one objective and defending it against the odds.
In anihilation missions I´ll try to infiltrate them or outflank with them to attack the rear of my opponent, or to pin their units until the real killers arrive.

Why do I say this? Because the last time I saw them in the table 20 of them attacked a 4-man unit of Blood angels´ death company and get mopped out in a sweeping advance while they killed a single marine.
I had to say that this was the most lucky battle of my Blood Angels fella, but it is still impressive.
And of course I was kinda joking, I expect them to do a bit of havok in enemy lines... not much, but enough to disrupt some battle plans.

The question is... With or without hounds?

Hmmmmm.....


There is the first squad of kroots of my army, if you look close you´ll notice they all have tribal markings in their faces (and a WIP base too).

Three random guys for you to see.

A front view of the three guys.

And photos of the markings.



It´s strange, but the kroots look far way better in real life than in the pictures...
Comments and critibla bla bla, bla bla wellcome :D
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bla, bla, bla ...
;D

Good work

. . .