October 11, 2011

Just a test: Necrosphinx leg.

Recently a friend saw the Thousand son value of the necrosphinx and will be making a Tzeenchian great daemon from it, but as the sprue is (besides amazing), there is one spare leg, which I asked him to give me to make a quick test on it, which he generously accepted to do so.

And this is the result, trying to simulate dark blue gem-like colour on the skin and old gold in the ... golds :D

It is painted to be a test, this is why the gems are red and green.

I think there is too much white on it, but I really like the effect I achieved and I think that a full necrosphinx in this scheme will look pretty cool indeed.


But don´t ask which colours did I used, cause I used about 8 different blues from GW, vallejo, americana and maybe some others and don´t remember them.


What do you think.




.

4 comments:

CJ said...

looks really good espcially the contrast between the skin and the gold is very nice!

Great job!

Master Manipulator (every store needs one) said...

I think you might be right about the white. Maybe keep the line highlights to a pale blue color and then hit them with a few small points of pure white to make it pop.

Rebilated said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grajo said...

.- CJ: Many thanks mate :D

.- Master manipulator: Yep, there is too much white but this is what tests are for, to test and error and improve :)
Yep, that is what I will try in some other mini, so the white doesn´t take too much protagonism.